Your donations keep this project alive.
No signup needed.
Reporting problems with Aquamacs
- Bug reports are sent to the
Aquamacs-bugs mailbox using the "Send Bug Report"
function in the Aquamacs Help / Diagnose and Report Bug menu. If you have a problem with a
particular mode and you're sure that the bug occurs when using
that mode with a plain GNU Emacs (not Aquamacs), then try to get
in touch with the developers of that mode. Do not send bug
reports to the Emacs on OS X mailing list. If you know that the
bug occurs in GNU Emacs, too, then report it to the GNU
Emacs Bug mailing list instead. However you submit a
bug, you must follow the points below before making a
Bug Reporting Procedure:If you encounter a bug while using a
nightly build, you must run the following checks to
determine the general source of the bug:
- Ensure you're using the latest release or a recent nightly build.
- Start Aquamacs without customizations: In the Help menu, find Diagnose and Report Bugs / Start Aquamacs without customizations.
A new Aquamacs will open, with default settings. Can you reproduce the problem here? If so, the steps needed to reproduce should go into your bug report. If you can't reproduce, have a look at your personal settings. The bug is either in the settings, or it is triggered by them.
- Is the bug still there, even when
running Aquamacs Emacs without your customizations? If not,
have a look at your customizations in Preferences.el,
.emacs, the Plugins and other files in Library/Application
Support/Aquamacs Emacs/ (both in your user directory and in
the system-wide /Library directory).
Please identify the settings that cause the problem and
report them to us if you find that Aquamacs is at fault.
- Your bug reports will be archived and publicly
accessible. We read every bug report, although we are unable to
respond to all of them.
- Update regularly. Consider using the nightly builds from the source code repository.